
Being Ron's little brother was hard. Like many of us a competetive nature fueled his every endeavor. The difference was little Ronnie was good, at most everything. In the early 70's He was a track star as in a Bruce Jenner fashion except on a lower scale. I remember some of the track meets in San Leandro and Oakland, They would take all day and Ron would go home with 1st and second place ribbons and metals from every event. Everyone was so proud of him and so was I. At school in San leandro Ron's nickname was roadrunner. He was fast and all the kids knew him. At home 486 tudor rd you were my best friend and I was jealous of the other kids in that neighborhood when you left to play sports with them. I wasn't very good at anything yet but I was happy playing all those games and activities with you and Chris. One day we went to the honey bee park. We made an obstacle course You had to run fast to get a good time, over the slide through the monkey bars (touch all bars) weave the swing set backward over the slide and around the tree and over the finish line. We kept time with a watch and I remember it was so fun at that park we would stay past dark sometimes and risk getting in trouble just to play longer. Remember?

No comments:
Post a Comment